WELCOME to Balwyn Anglican today, especially if you are visiting for the first time. Please stay for Morning Tea after the service. Children are welcome at Balwyn Anglican, there is a children’s program in the 10.30am Service & toys are available in the Family Room near the front of the church.
An Alpha course is scheduled for 2nd term 2016 (19 April - 31 May, Tuesdays 7.00pm - 9.30pm). Why not invite a friend or neighbour to come along? (Contact: Brian W.)
Empty your freezers…the next PIE DRIVE is on Saturday, 21 May. Order forms out soon. Orders in by Sunday, 8 May.
Confirming Your Faith…
Have you been Baptised, Confirmed, Admitted to the Anglican Church? If not, Brian would love to talk to you about the possibility of doing so at our St Barnabas Day Service scheduled for Sunday 12 June 2016.
Wednesday Morning Tea
Interested in meeting up for morning tea once a month Wednesday @ 10am, followed by the weekly Holy Communion Service @ 10.30am ? Contact Margaret A. or Carole I-Y.
We're offering great courses in 2016 to assist in exploring your faith, strengthening your relationships, and understanding your purpose. There is even an opportunity to achieve a Certificate level qualification! Check it out now!
Register: Contact the church office
For information on groups:
Tuesday @ 9.30am Women’s Group (Contact: Judy W.)
Tuesday @ 2.30pm (Contact: Brian W.)
Thursday @ 7.30pm, fortnightly (Contact: Brian W.)
Interested in hosting or being involved in a new group? Contact: Brian
Tuesday mornings @ 10.00am - 11.30am, during in Maling Hall, during school term.
Contact: Treena B.
KOONUNG HEIGHTS UNITING CHURCH - EASTER WORKSHOP >>
22 March 3.45pm-5.30pm.
For further details or email: email@example.com
INTERNATIONAL COMEDY FESTIVAL >>
Hannah Boland - The Best Medicine
Visit http://www.hannahboland.com.au for further details.
BELGRAVE HEIGHTS CONVENTION >>
MARATHON MAN - MAY 2016
SONGS OF PRAISE - MAY 2016
Visit Belgrave Heights Convention for further details.
WHAT’S ON AT RIDLEY COLLEGE >>
Visit www.ridley.edu.au for further details.
Balwyn Anglican Church:
- For deep & growing relationships as God’s people here in Balwyn.
- our new Families and Children’s Minister, Ros S F as she focuses on developing and planning our children’s ministry program for 2016
- For growth in Life Groups.
- For our link missionaries Ken & Ally Thompson in Cambodia, & for the Little family as they minister in Papua New Guinea; (Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive prayer updates via email);
- Church of Ireland (Abp Richard Lionel Clarke); Diocese of Tasmania (Bp Richard Condie, Missioner Bps Chris Jones, Ross Nicholson, Clergy & People);
- CMS (Jonathan Wei-Han Kuan, Victorian Director);
- St Martin's Belgrave Heights (Martin Oliver);
- St George’s Flemington – pastoral visit (Bp Geneva Blackwell);
- All Saints Newtown – pastoral visit (Bp Philip Huggins);
- Holy Trinity Surrey Hills – pastoral visit (Bp Paul White).
Australia and World:
- For wisdom and compassion in social issues affecting our national life: asylum seekers, the possible redefinition of marriage, freedom of speech, violence in the community.
- For those who suffer and grieve, in particular those affected by the unrest and violence in the Middle East, particularly Syria and Iraq.
- For those grieving and affected by the terrorist attacks in Brussels and Pakistan - that they would know God’s comfort at this time.
- For the global church: integrity, godliness & upholding of biblical truth & the gospel.
Sick or Special Needs:
- Ros D.
- Jocelyn B.
- Norma V.
- Jessica J.
- Barbara S.
- Bev W.
What's on this week at BAC?
Tuesday 12 April
9.30am Women's Life Group
2:30pm Life Group
Wednesday 13 April
10:30am Mid-week Communion Servicel
Sunday 17 April
9:00am Traditional Communion Service
10.30am Contemporary Service
Requests for Urgent Prayer
Please call prayer chain
co-ordinator: Margaret A.
Please let the church office know of anything relating to the Parish and its ministries or activities that need to be included.
“Joy is prayer; joy is strength: joy is love; joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.”