WELCOME to Balwyn Anglican today, especially if you are visiting for the first time. Please stay for Morning Tea after the service. Children are welcome at Balwyn Anglican, there is a children’s program in the 10.30am Service & toys are available in the Family Room near the front of the church.
Wednesday Morning Tea
Interested in meeting up for morning tea once a month Wednesday @ 10am, followed by the weekly Holy Communion Service @ 10.30am ? Contact Margaret A. or Carole I-Y.
We're offering great courses in 2016 to assist in exploring your faith, strengthening your relationships, and understanding your purpose. There is even an opportunity to achieve a Certificate level qualification! Check it out now!
Register: Contact the church office
For information on groups:
Tuesday @ 9.30am Women’s Group (Contact: Judy W.)
Tuesday @ 2.30pm (Contact: Brian W.)
Thursday @ 7.30pm, fortnightly (Contact: Brian W.)
Interested in hosting or being involved in a new group? Contact: Brian
Tuesday mornings @ 10.00am - 11.30am, during in Maling Hall, during school term.
Contact: Treena B.
WHAT’S ON AT RIDLEY COLLEGE >>
Visit www.ridley.edu.au for further details.
Balwyn Anglican Church:
- the raising up of a Families and Children’s Minister to work with us in developing and planning our children’s ministry program for 2016
- the plans for resumption of Special Religious Education at Balwyn Primary School and for the recruitment of enough teachers for this ministry.
- the Parish Council as they oversight our life together
- the working group which is to meet in late January to consider the feasibility of establishing an ‘English as Second Language Discussion Group’ here at Balwyn Anglican
- the Fundraising Committee established by Parish Council to plan and oversight fundraising activities for 2016
- our link missionaries –the Thompson’s and the Little’s
- our world vision children – Le Truong Vu and Thi Hong Dinh
- those in our congregation who are sick or unwell and in need of our regular love and prayers
- Judy and Brian as they pastor in our midst
- each other and those who God brings to us through this new year period
- deep and growing relationships as God’s people here in His church at Balwyn Anglican
In addition we encourage you to be praying for the broader diocese and its life and ministry here in Melbourne and for Australia and the world as we enter a new year:
- For wisdom and compassion in social issues affecting our national life: asylum seekers, the possible redefinition of marriage, freedom of speech, violence in the community.
- For those who suffer and grieve, in particular those affected by the unrest and violence in the Middle East, particularly Syria and Iraq.
- For those grieving and affected by the terrorist attacks in our world - that they would know God’s comfort at this time.
- For the global church: integrity, godliness & upholding of biblical truth & the gospel.
Sick or Special Needs:
- Ros D.
- Jocelyn B.
- Norma V.
- Jessica J.
- Barbara D.
- Barbars S.
- Ina A.
- Dorothy C.
What's on this week at BAC?
9.30am Women's Life Group (in recess)
10:00am Barnabubs (in recess)
2:30pm Life Group (in recess)
Wednesday 27 January
10:30am Mid-week Communion Service
Sunday 31 January
10:00am Combined Service
Requests for Urgent Prayer
Please call prayer chain
co-ordinator: Margaret A.
Please let the church office know of anything relating to the Parish and its ministries or activities that need to be included.
“Joy is prayer; joy is strength: joy is love; joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.”