WELCOME to Balwyn Anglican today, especially if you are visiting for the first time. Please stay for Morning Tea after the service. Children are welcome at Balwyn Anglican, there is a children’s program in the 10.30am Service & toys are available in the Family Room near the front of the church.
Blooming Spring - Plant & Cake Stall on 14 November
Contact: Doug B. & Joyce C.
Trivia Night - 24 October. All Welcome!
(Contact Doug B. or Iain B.)
Pie Drive - it's back again! 21 November.
Contact Doug B. or Treena B.
Fundraiser - Australian Anglican Church Calendar 2016
Liturgical calendar featuring daily colours, selected scriiptures, on sale now. Contact the church office if you are interested in purchasing one.
Wednesday Morning Tea
Interested in meeting up for morning tea once a month Wednesday @ 10am, followed by the weekly Holy Communion Service @ 10.30am ? Contact Margaret A. or Carole I-Y.
We're offering great courses in 2015 to assist in exploring your faith, strengthening your relationships, and understanding your purpose. There is even an opportunity to achieve a Certificate level qualification! Check it out now!
Register: Contact the church office
For information on groups:
Tuesday @ 9.30am Women’s Group (Contact: Judy W.)
Tuesday @ 2.30pm (Contact: Brian W.)
Interested in hosting or being involved in a new group? Contact: Brian
Tuesday mornings @ 10.00am - 11.30am, during in Maling Hall, during school term.
Contact: Treena B.
WHAT’S ON AT RIDLEY COLLEGE >>
Visit www.ridley.edu.au for further details.
CHURCH UNITE - PRAYER AND WORSHIP EVENT >>
25 October 2015 4pm & 7pm at the Melbourne Convention Centre.
Visit www.churchunite.com.au for further details or contact Brian W.
SCRIPTURE UNION MISSIONS TRAINING DAY >>
26 September 9.30am-4.30pm Donvale Christian College. Visit http://www.suvic.org.au/torque/ for further details or contact Miriam D.
SUFFERING AND THE GOD QUESTION - a conference for sceptics and believers >>
9 & 10 October 2015. Melbourne City Conference Centre.
Visit www.sufferingandthegodquestion.com.au for further details.
FAITH@WORK- THE REAL DEAL
Being authentic Christian in our workplace >>
24 October 2015, 9.15am-12noon Holy Trinity Doncaster.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or
0428 288 232 for registration.
Balwyn Anglican Church:
For deep & growing relationships as God’s people here in Balwyn.
For growth in Life Groups.
For ministry plans & opportunities, traditional & contemporary services, children and families’ ministries & other outreach activities.
- For our link missionaries Ken & Ally Thompson in Cambodia, & for the Little family as they minister in Papua New Guinea; (Please contact email@example.com to receive prayer updates via email);
- Diocese of South Dakota (Bp John Tarrant);
- Mission Agencies of the Anglican Church of Australia;
- Lowther Hall Anglican Grammar School (Elisabeth Rhodes, Principal);
- Upper Yarra Parish (Gail Pinchbeck);
- Opening Service of Anglicare Australia, in Canberra (Abp Philip Freier);
- St Paul’s Cathedral – confirmation service (Bp Genieve Blackwell); Kensington Anglican-Uniting Church congregation – visit (Bp Philip Huggins);
- St Andrew’s Brighton – confirmation service (Bp Paul White).
Australia and World:
- For wisdom and compassion in social issues affecting our national life: asylum seekers, the possible redefinition of marriage, freedom of speech, violence in the community.
- For those who suffer and grieve, in particular those affected by the unrest and violence in the Middle East, particularly Syria and Iraq.
- For the global church: integrity, godliness & upholding of biblical truth & the gospel.
Sick or Special Needs:
- Ros D.
- Jocelyn B.
- Norma V.
- Pam G.
- Jessica J.
- Barbara D.
What's on this week at BAC?
Tuesday 15 September
9.30am Women's Life Group (in recess)
10:00am Barnabubs (in recess)
2:30pm Life Group (in recess)
Wednesday 16 September
10:30am Mid-week Communion Service
Sunday 20 September
9.00am Traditonal Communion Service
10:30am Contemporary Service
Requests for Urgent Prayer
Please call prayer chain
co-ordinator: Margaret A.
Please let the church office know of anything relating to the Parish and its ministries or activities that need to be included.
"If the only prayer you say in your entire life is THANK YOU it will be enough."