WELCOME to Balwyn Anglican today, especially if you are visiting for the first time. Please stay for Morning Tea after the service. Children are welcome at Balwyn Anglican, there is a children’s program in the 10.30am Service & toys are available in the Family Room near the front of the church.
Pentecost Sunday Combined Service
24 May 2015. Come join us as we celebrate together.
St Barnabas Day Lunch
14 June 2015. We welcome all contributions - cooking and setting/packing up for the event. Forms available next to the white board in the Parish Centre.
WINTER PIE DRIVE
Delicious Rolf’s Pies are coming again on 13 June! More info to come.
BCA Mission Boxes are now due. Please return them to Joyce C. before the end of May.
Wednesday 6 May 5.30pm-9pm
Thursday 7 May 8.45am-2pm
RSVP via email firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 9207 4800 option 3
We're offering great courses in 2015 to assist in exploring your faith, strengthening your relationships, and understanding your purpose. There is even an opportunity to achieve a Certificate level qualification! Check it out now!
Register: Contact the church office.
For information on groups:
Tuesday @ 9.30am Women’s Group (Contact: Judy W.)
Tuesday @ 2.30pm (Contact: Brian W.)
Interested in hosting or being involved in a new group? Contact: Brian
Tuesday mornings @ 10.00am - 11.30am in Maling Hall.
(Contact: Treena B.)
‘Follow That Man’ Convention | 22-23 May
Speakers: Al Stewart, Leon Stead and Andrew Scipione.
‘Songs of Praise’ | 24 May @ 2.15pm
Featuring: The Couriers, Esther & Caleb and Zimrah.
What's on at BAC?
Tuesday 5 May
9:30am Women's Life Group
2:30pm Life Group
Wednesday 6 May
10:30am Mid-week Communion Servic
Sunday 10 May
9:00am Traditional Communion Service
10:30am Messy Church
Requests for Urgent Prayer
Please call prayer chain
co-ordinator: Margaret A.
Please let the church office know of anything relating to the Parish and its ministries or activities that need to be included.
“Prayer is the exercise of drawing on the grace of God.”
— OSWALD CHAMBERS
Balwyn Anglican Church:
- For deep & growing relationships as God’s people here in Balwyn.
- For growth in Life Groups.
- For Brian and Judy in their travels.
- For Miriam in her mission work.
- For ministry plans & opportunities, traditional & contemporary services, children and families’ ministries & other outreach activities.
- For our link missionaries Ken & Ally Thompson in Cambodia, & for the Little family as they minister in Papua New Guinea; (Please contact Karina to receive prayer updates via email).
- Diocese of Ngbo, Nigeria (Bp Christian Ebisike).
- The Diocese of Rockhampton (Bp David Robinson, Clergy & People).
- Victorian Council of Churches (Ian Smith, Executive Officer); St Paul's Caulfield (Howard Langmead, Jerome Dias).
- St Paul’s Cathedral - Korowa Anglican Girls School 125 Anniversary Service (Abp Philip Freier).
- Altona-Laverton Parish – confirmations (Bp Philip Huggins).
- St John the Divine Croydon - visit (Bp Paul White).
Australia and World:
- For wisdom and compassion in social issues affecting our national life: asylum seekers, marriage, freedom of speech, community violence.
- For those who suffer and grieve.
- For the global church: integrity, godliness & upholding of biblical truth & the gospel.
- For those in Egypt and Syria, for a peaceful resolution to the political unrest and for protection for the church facing persecution.
Sick or Special Needs:
- Ros D.
- Jocelyn B.
- Norma V.
- Barbara S.