WELCOME to Balwyn Anglican today, especially if you are visiting for the first time. Please stay for Morning Tea after the service. Children are welcome at Balwyn Anglican, there is a children’s program in the 10.30am Service & toys are available in the Family Room near the front of the church.
PENTECOST SUNDAY COMBINED SERVICE
24 May @ 10.00am
Come join us as we celebrate together! Wear something red.
ST BARNABAS DAY SERVICE & LUNCH
14 June | 10.00am service & 12noon lunch
All welcome. Please consider volunteering to cook or set-up/pack-up for the lunch. Sign-up sheets are available on the white board in the Parish Centre.
Thank you all so much for the generous donations that were handed to me towards the cost of the Easter flowers. There was a small amount left over which was used for the ANZAC service. Many thanks - Ina Arlaud.
BCA Mission Boxes are now due to be returned. Please give them to Joyce C. before the end of May.
WINTER PIE DRIVE
Delicious Rolf’s Pies are here again!
A major fundraiser - order forms available now.
Pie tasting: Sunday 24 May
Orders due: Sunday 7 June (to Doug Brown or wardens)
Collect orders: Saturday 13 June @ 11.00am - 12noon
We're offering great courses in 2015 to assist in exploring your faith, strengthening your relationships, and understanding your purpose. There is even an opportunity to achieve a Certificate level qualification! Check it out now!
Register: Contact the church office.
For information on groups:
Tuesday @ 9.30am Women’s Group (Contact: Judy W.)
Tuesday @ 2.30pm (Contact: Brian W.)
Interested in hosting or being involved in a new group? Contact: Brian
Tuesday mornings @ 10.00am - 11.30am in Maling Hall.
(Contact: Treena B.)
‘Follow That Man’ Convention | 22-23 May
Speakers: Al Stewart, Leon Stead and Andrew Scipione.
‘Songs of Praise’ | 24 May @ 2.15pm
Featuring: The Couriers, Esther & Caleb and Zimrah.
What's on this week at BAC?
Tuesday 12 May
9:30am Women's Life Group
10:30am Ladies Guild
2:30pm Life Group
Wednesday 13 May
10:30am Mid-week Communion Servic
Sunday 17 May
9:00am Traditional Communion Service
10:30am Contemporary Service
Requests for Urgent Prayer
Please call prayer chain
co-ordinator: Margaret A.
Please let the church office know of anything relating to the Parish and its ministries or activities that need to be included.
“Prayer is the exercise of drawing on the grace of God.”
— OSWALD CHAMBERS
Balwyn Anglican Church:
- For deep & growing relationships as God’s people here in Balwyn.
- For growth in Life Groups.
- For Brian and Judy in their travels.
- For Miriam in her mission work.
- For ministry plans & opportunities, traditional & contemporary services, children and families’ ministries & other outreach activities.
- For our link missionaries Ken & Ally Thompson in Cambodia, & for the Little family as they minister in Papua New Guinea; (Please contact Karina to receive prayer updates via email).
- Diocese of Nike, Nigeria (Bp Evans Jonathan Ibeagha).
- Anglicare Australia (Bp Chris Jones, Chair; Kasy Chambers, Exec Director).
- ABM Australia.
- St Andrew's Corio - Norlane (David Milford, Kaw Moo Ba Cho).
- St Thomas' Thornbury – confirmation service (Bp Philip Huggins).
- Jika Jika Parish – confirmation service (Bp Philip Huggins).
Australia and World:
- For wisdom and compassion in social issues affecting our national life: asylum seekers, marriage, freedom of speech, community violence.
- For those who suffer and grieve.
- For the global church: integrity, godliness & upholding of biblical truth & the gospel.
- For those in Egypt and Syria, for a peaceful resolution to the political unrest and for protection for the church facing persecution.
Sick or Special Needs:
- Ros D.
- Jocelyn B.
- Norma V.
- Barbara S.