WELCOME to Balwyn Anglican today, especially if you are visiting for the first time. Please stay for Morning Tea after the service. Children are welcome at Balwyn Anglican, there is a children’s program in the 10.30am Service & toys are available in the Family Room near the front of the church.
EASTER SERVICES 2015
Palm Sunday - 29 March
Maundy Thursday - 2 April
7.30pm Combined light Middle Eastern meal & Fellowship
@ Balwyn Church of Christ (cnr Whitehorse Rd & Cherry St)
Good Friday - 3 April
10am Service @ Balwyn Anglican
Easter Day - 5 April - bring a flower to place on the cross
9am Traditional Easter Day Service
10.30am Contemporary Easter Day Service
& giant Easter Egg Hunt!
EASTER FLOWER DONATIONS
Donations towards the Easter flowers are most welcome and can be placed in the bowl in the porch. Thank you, Ina A.
WINTER PIE DRIVE
Delicious Rolf’s Pies are coming again on 13 June! More info to come.
Nominations are invited for the positions of Synod Lay Representative and Synod Alternate Lay Representative. Nomination forms are available together with the information sheet Melbourne Synod: A brief guide for prospective members. Nominations close Sunday 26 April 2015. If an election is required this will be held between the 9am and 10.30am services on Sunday 3 May 2015. Please hand nomination forms to Reverand Richard Temby on or before 26 April 2015.
We're offering great courses in 2015 to assist in exploring your faith, strengthening your relationships, and understanding your purpose. There is even an opportunity to achieve a Certificate level qualification! Check it out now!
Register: Contact the church office.
For information on groups:
Tuesday @ 9.30am Women’s Group (Contact: Judy W.)
Tuesday @ 2.30pm (Contact: Brian W.)
Interested in hosting or being involved in a new group? Contact: Brian
Tuesday mornings @ 10.00am - 11.30am in Maling Hall.
(Contact: Treena B.)
‘Love & Grace’ Easter Convention | 3-6 April
Speakers: Ian Coffey and Murray Capill.
Concert 4.30pm Sunday.
Day visitors welcome.
‘Follow That Man’ Convention | 22-23 May
Speakers: Al Stewart, Leon Stead and Andrew Scipione.
‘Songs of Praise’ | 24 May @ 2.15pm
Featuring: The Couriers, Esther & Caleb and Zimrah.
What's on this week at BAC?
Monday 30 Mar
7.00pm Alpha (week 8)
Tuesday 31 Mar
9:30am Women's Life Group (in recess)
10:00am Barnabubs (in recess)
2:30pm Life Group (in recess)
Wednesday 1 Apr
10:30am Mid-week Communion Service
11:15am Faversham House Service
Thursday 2 Apr
10:30am Mother's Union
7:30pm Maundy Thursday @ Balwyn Church of Christ
Friday 3 Apr
10:00am Good Friday Service
Sunday 5 Apr
9:00am Traditional Easter Day Service
10:30am Contemporary Easter Day Service & Giant Easter Egg Hunt!
Requests for Urgent Prayer
Please call prayer chain
co-ordinator: Margaret A.
Please let the church office know of anything relating to the Parish and its ministries or activities that need to be included.
Balwyn Anglican Church:
- For deep & growing relationships as God’s people here in Balwyn.
- For growth in Life Groups.
- For ministry plans & opportunities, traditional & contemporary services, children and families’ ministries & other outreach activities.
- For our link missionaries Ken & Ally Thompson in Cambodia, & for the Little family as they minister in Papua New Guinea; (Please contact Karina to receive prayer updates via email).
- Diocese of Jerusalem (Abp Suheil Dawani).
- The Diocese of North Queensland (Bp Bill Ray, Asst Bp Saibo Mabo, Clergy & People).
- Archdeaconry of Stonnington and Glen Eira; Holy Trinity Balaclava & Elwood (Geoffrey Cheong).
- Commissioning of the Revd Tim Gibson as Priest-in-Charge of St Cuthbert’s Grovedale with St Wilfrid’s Mount Duneed (Bp Philip Huggins).
- St James Thornbury - visit (Bp Philip Huggins).
- St Georges Red Hill – confirmation service (Bp Paul White).
Australia and World:
- For wisdom and compassion in social issues affecting our national life: asylum seekers, marriage, freedom of speech, community violence.
- For those who suffer and grieve.
- For the global church: integrity, godliness & upholding of biblical truth & the gospel.
- For those in Egypt and Syria, for a peaceful resolution to the political unrest and for protection for the church facing persecution.
Sick or Special Needs:
- Ros D.
- Jocelyn B.