WELCOME to Balwyn Anglican today, especially if you are visiting for the first time. Please stay for Morning Tea after the service. Children are welcome at Balwyn Anglican, there is a children’s program in the 10.30am Service & toys are available in the Family Room near the front of the church.
Carols in Canterbury Gardens - 6 December @ 7.30pm Canterbury Gardens (near Canterbury Station)
Celebrate Christmas with your local community
Carols in The Park - 12 December @ Macleay Park Balwyn
Family time 6-8pm. Carols 8-10pm. Fun night for all!
If you would also like to assist in the event, please contact Tim Blowfield (0408 996 403 | 9857 6804) or Liz Chen (0409 395 230).
Wednesday Morning Tea
Interested in meeting up for morning tea once a month Wednesday @ 10am, followed by the weekly Holy Communion Service @ 10.30am ? Contact Margaret A. or Carole I-Y.
Food Bin - Christmas Food Donation
List of suitable food items on display by the food collection bin. Contact: Joyce C.
We're offering great courses in 2015 to assist in exploring your faith, strengthening your relationships, and understanding your purpose. There is even an opportunity to achieve a Certificate level qualification! Check it out now!
Register: Contact the church office
For information on groups:
Tuesday @ 9.30am Women’s Group (Contact: Judy W.)
Tuesday @ 2.30pm (Contact: Brian W.)
New Thursday evening Life Group meeting fortnightly at Brian & Judy’s @ 7.30pm. Next meeting Thursday 17 December.
(Contact: Brian W.).
Interested in hosting or being involved in a new group? Contact: Brian
Tuesday mornings @ 10.00am - 11.30am, during in Maling Hall, during school term.
Contact: Treena B.
WHAT’S ON AT RIDLEY COLLEGE >>
Visit www.ridley.edu.au for further details.
CMS SUMMER UNDER THE SON >>
Summer Under The Son ~ Victoria Mission Conference -We Are Strangers
13 - 16 January 2016, Crossway Centre, East Burwood.
Summer Under The Son ~ Youth Camp- Radical Love
11 - 16 January 2016, CYC Cowes, Phillip Island
Visit www.summerundertheson.org for further details.
SCRIPTURE SUMMER CAMP @ COOLAMATONG
Visit www.campcoolamatong.com ,
or call 5156 6511 for further details.
Contact: Miriam D.
Balwyn Anglican Church:
- For deep & growing relationships as God’s people here in Balwyn.
- For God to raise up the person of His choosing for the role of Families andChildren’s Minister.
- For growth in Life Groups.
- For our link missionaries Ken & Ally Thompson in Cambodia, & for the Little family as they minister in Papua New Guinea; (Please contact email@example.com to receive prayer updates via email);
- Diocese of Western Louisiana (Bp Jacob W Owensby);
- Diocese of Rockhampton (Bp David Robinson, Clergy & People);
- Ivanhoe Girls' Grammar School (Heather Schnagl, Principal; Alison Andrew-Smith, Chaplain);
- St George's Flemington (Duncan Reid);
- St Philip’s Collingwood – 150th anniversary (Bp Genieve Blackwell);
- St Alfred’s Blackburn North – confirmation service (Bp Genieve Blackwell);
- Holy Trinity Williamstown – confirmations (Bp Philip Huggins).
Australia and World:
- For wisdom and compassion in social issues affecting our national life: asylum seekers, the possible redefinition of marriage, freedom of speech, violence in the community.
- For those who suffer and grieve, in particular those affected by the unrest and violence in the Middle East, particularly Syria and Iraq.
- For those grieving and affected by the terrorist attacks in Paris - that they would know God’s comfort at this time.
- For the global church: integrity, godliness & upholding of biblical truth & the gospel.
Sick or Special Needs:
- Ros D.
- Jocelyn B.
- Norma V.
- Jessica J.
- Barbara D.
- Barbars S.
- Ina A.
- Dorothy C.
What's on this week at BAC?
Tuesday 8 December
9.30am Women's Life Group
2:30pm Life Group
Wednesday 9 December
10:30am Mid-week Communion Service
Sunday 13 December
9.00am Traditonal Communion Service
10:30am Contemporary Service
Requests for Urgent Prayer
Please call prayer chain
co-ordinator: Margaret A.
Please let the church office know of anything relating to the Parish and its ministries or activities that need to be included.
"If the only prayer you say in your entire life is THANK YOU it will be enough."