WELCOME to Balwyn Anglican today, especially if you are visiting for the first time. Please stay for Morning Tea after the service. Children are welcome at Balwyn Anglican, there is a children’s program in the 10.30am Service & toys are available in the Family Room near the front of the church.
We're offering great courses in 2015 to assist in exploring your faith, strengthening your relationships, and understanding your purpose. There is even an opportunity to achieve a Certificate level qualification! Check it out now!
COMING IN 2015
The Alpha Course
Mondays 9 February - 29 March 2015
7pm - 9:30pm
Register: Contact the church office.
Jesus said to them
“Do You Know What I Have Done To You?”
Friday 6 March 2015 @ 10.30am
Balwyn Anglican Church
Speaker: Rev Dr Garry Deverell, Chaplain Ormond College
For information on groups:
Tuesday morning Women’s Group
9.30am - Contact: Judy W.
Tuesday afternoon group
2.30pm - Contact: Brian W.
Interested in hosting or being involved in a new group? Contact: Brian
In recess until the New Year. Tuesday mornings in Maling Hall. Contact: Treena B.
What's on this week at BAC?
Wednesday 28th Jan
10:30am Mid-week Holy Communion Service
Sunday 1st Feb
9:00am Traditional Communion Service
10:30am Contemporary Service
Requests for Urgent Prayer
Please call prayer chain
co-ordinator: Margaret A.
Please let the church office know of anything relating to the Parish and its ministries or activities that need to be included.
Balwyn Anglican Church:
- For deep & growing relationships as God’s people here in Balwyn.
- For growth in Life Groups.
- For ministry plans & opportunities, traditional & contemporary services, children and families’ ministries & other outreach activities.
- For our link missionaries Ken & Ally Thompson in Cambodia, & for the Little family as they minister in Papua New Guinea; (Please contact Karina to receive prayer updates via email).
- Diocese of Long Island (Bp Lawrence Provenzano).
- The Diocese of Newcastle (Bp Greg Thompson, Clergy & People).
- Lay Ministry; St Francis-in-the-Fields Mooroolbark (Andrew Lang).
- St Paul’s St Leonards – visit (Bp Philip Huggins).
Australia and World:
- For wisdom and compassion in social issues affecting our national life: asylum seekers, marriage, freedom of speech, community violence.
- For those who suffer and grieve.
- For the global church: integrity, godliness & upholding of biblical truth & the gospel.
- For those in Egypt and Syria, for a peaceful resolution to the political unrest and for protection for the church facing persecution.
Sick or Special Needs:
- Ros D.
- Jocelyn B.
- Marcel P.